We believe that literacy is the key to a new life. We are passionate advocates; we are community leaders; we are invested in our mission, engaged in our work, and determined to make a difference.
The mission of the Waukegan Public Library Foundation is to activate the community to invest in its future by providing the Waukegan Public Library the resources to create and grow innovative, impactful programs and prepare its residents for academic and career success. To that end, Foundation Directors help educate donors and potential donors about the Library's community impact and cultivate an understanding of how philanthropy contributes to the Library's long-term financial future and sustainability.
What We've Achieved
- Over 15,000 visitors to the Early Learning Center in 2015.
- Over 1700 students visited the Library through the Bus to Us field trip program.
- 1000 adult learners in digital literacy classes, including digital literacy, job readiness, and financial literacy.
- Over 100 trained volunteer literacy tutors worked with 300 adult learners in 2015.
- 28 adults studying for the GED in our Spanish GED program.
- Over 300 students enrolled in Functional Health Literacy classes.